Climate READY Ambassadors
Climate Resilience Education & Action for Dedicated Youth
Climate READY is an innovative program that empowers high school students to become knowledgeable and effective voices for climate resilience in their communities.
The program prepares Climate READY Ambassadors as youth leaders to take action and help communities become more resilient to environmental challenges and work together toward equitable climate solutions.
Participation is FREE to students who qualify. Students at Title 1 schools are strongly encouraged to apply. Students are able to earn 3 dual-enrollment credits through Florida Atlantic University's College of Education or community service hours.
This program is made possible by a generous grant from the Environmental Literacy Program of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
Summer 2023 - Ambassador Institute: July 17-21, 2023 (Residential, FAU Jupiter Campus)
Intensive, week-long residential experience for high school students from Climate Ready core communities. Students will build climate knowledge, explore the changing planet with NOAA Science On a Sphere technology, engage with climate scientists and resilience experts, develop communication and advocacy skills, learn about local climate solutions, and develop resilience plans for their communities. All participants reside in FAU Jupiter campus dormitories for the week, with field trip excursions to local sites to learn about climate resilience first hand. Housing, meals, and off-site field trips are provided at no cost to eligible applicants.
Ambassadors, participants will gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to become climate resilience advocates in their communities.
Who is Eligible?
Applicants currently must be a high school student in Palm Beach County.
To be eligible for dual enrollment credit, applicants must meet all requirements and apply for acceptance as an FAU dual enrollment student. Dual enrollment requirements include:
- Completion of freshman year of high school by Summer 2023 (4 high school credits with at least 1 credit in English & 1 in math)
- Unweighted cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.0
- Completion of ACT, SAT, Accuplacer, or PERT tests within previous 2 years with minimum scores listed below:
How Do I Apply?
Application is due by TBA.
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from a teacher)
- FAU dual enrollment eligibility documents (if seeking dual enrollment credit)
- FAU Dual Enrollment Permission Form (Term: Summer 20XX, Course No./Name/Credit Hours: EDF 4930-12841 / Building Community Climate Resilience / 3 credits)
- Proof of current high school GPA (cumulative, unweighted)
- Proof of eligible test scores (taken within 2 years of start of semester)
- Students seeking dual enrollment credit are also required to complete the FAU Online Registration Form (Non-Degree Application) by TBA.
For more information about the Climate READY program, please contact the Climate READY Program Team at email@example.com or 561-686-6600.
This webpage was prepared by Florida Atlantic University under award No. NA20SEC0080016 from the Environmental Literacy Program of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), U.S. Department of Commerce. The statements, findings, conclusions, and recommendations are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of NOAA or the U.S. Department of Commerce.