H2O to Go! Innovations: Not available 2023
Forms and Downloads:
- Registration Packet
- Parent and Student Information Packet
Application deadline: TBA
H2O to Go! Innovations is hosted by Florida Atlantic University, Pine Jog Environmental Education Center. It is a three-day intensive field-based program focusing on sea-level rise and climate change based in the Florida Keys (Summerland Key). The program increases student knowledge and awareness of local and global issues concerning water quantity and quality. Students will receive a certificate of completion from FAU Pine Jog Environmental Education Center for the successful completion of this program. H20 to Go! Innovations is not a dual enrollment course.
- Provides an immersive, rigorous academic learning environment based in the Florida Keys
- Provides access to researchers, scientists, and educators
- Provides a supervised research scientist living experience
- Provides cooperative learning opportunities with national and international staff
- Includes FAU staff oversight 24/7, food, transport, and accommodation
Students sleep in air-conditioned accommodations. FAU staff are located within the accommodation buildings for supervision and in case of emergencies during the overnight stays. FAU staff are on call throughout the night. Students will be housed in apartments with bunk beds. Further details of living accommodations can be found at https://mote.org/locations/details/international-center-for-coral-reef-research-and-restoration
Who may apply?
This program is offered to all incoming 10th -12th-grade students that have completed H20 Connections and/ or Restorations. Priority will be given to those students who have completed both Connections and Restorations.
Spaces are limited. Only 12 students will be able to register for the program. Early registrations will be successful and there will be a waiting list created for those who apply after the program has reached capacity.
How to apply?
Registrations should be printed, completed, scanned, and submitted via email to TBA
- Successful applicants will be informed of acceptance one week after the submission date deadline and will receive further registration information in preparation for their visit.
- Students must have completed either H20 to Go! Connection and/or Restorations to participate in this course.
- Acceptance to this program is on a first-come-first-served basis.
Application deadline: TBA
$650 per student. Full payment is required on acceptance to the program. A payment link will be provided.
For more information, please contact FAU Pine Jog Director of Operations Christopher Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org